Fire Roasted Tomato Blender Salsa
Inspired by authentic Mexican salsa, this salsa is bright, fresh, and only takes 5 minutes to prepare.
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 clove garlic roughly chopped
- 1/2 white onion roughly chopped
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo seeds scraped and removed
- 1 tsp chipotle adobo sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
Put all ingredients in a food processor and pulse about 10 times, until all the ingredients are diced. Don't over blend or your salsa will become soupy!
Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to a week. (If it lasts that long).
This is versatile recipe so make it your own!
If you like a spicier salsa, keep the seeds in the chipotle peppers. Feel free to add more garlic or cilantro. Or a squeeze of lime.