Edamame, Corn and Feta Salad
This salad is chock full of fresh vegetables. It is so flavourful, with the addition of cilantro, red pepper, and green onion. The corn gives it some sweetness, while the feta, avocado and edamame add a creaminess.
- 1.5 cups edamame shelled
- 1.5 cups fresh grilled corn* see note
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 avocado pitted and diced
- 2 med green onions chopped
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1 tbsp lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp chipotle pepper powder (or cayenne powder)
In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. Mix together.
In a small container, add the lemon and lime juices, olive oil, chipotle powder, salt and pepper. Place a lid on the container and give it a good shake. Pour over the salad, and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This salad is great to make ahead of time, because the longer it sits, the better it tastes when the flavours have time to marry.
*if you do not have grilled corn, feel free to use frozen, just thaw and drain.